Oceans 2025 is a strategic marine science programme, bringing marine researchers together to increase people's knowledge of the marine environment so that they are better able to protect it for future generations.
"This is a unique achievement involving all of NERC's marine centres and national facilities. It draws together the strengths of individual organisations, and fosters opportunities for coordination and collaboration throughout the marine science community."
Phil Williamson, Oceans 2025 science coordinator
£120m from NERC over five years
The Strategic Ocean Funding Initiative supports partnership projects. The main announcements of opportunity have been made, and it is not expected that there will be further calls.
- National Oceanography Centre
- Plymouth Marine Laboratory
- Marine Biological Association
- Sir Alister Hardy Foundation for Ocean Science
- Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory
- Scottish Association for Marine Science
- Sea Mammal Research Unit
Oceans 2025 is a NERC-funded research programme